Prof. ZHU Jixin
"The Thousand Young Talents Plan", The Central Organization Department of China
Address: 5 Xin Mo Fan Road, Nanjing Tech University, Nanjing 210009, China
Nanomaterials for high-performance metal-ion batteries and supercapacitors;
Multifunctional electrocatalysts for metal-air batteries and water splitting;
Flexible and smart energy storage devices.
2008 - 2011: Ph.D.; Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
2011 - 2012: Research Associate; TUM CREATE, Singapore
2012 - 2014: Post-Doc.; TUM CREATE, Singapore
2014 - 2015: Post-Doc.; Max Plank Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Germany
2015 - : Professor, Institute of Advanced Materials, Nanjing Tech University
Prof. Zhu Jixin focuses on advanced materials and energy science, e.g. high-performance energy storage devices and clean energy. He has published over 75 SCI papers on Journal of the American Chemical Society, Nano Letters, Energy & Environmental Science, Small, etc, with over 3000 citations. Currently, he is in charge of 1 grant from Natural Science Foundation of China.
1. J.X. Zhu, K. Sakaushi, G. Clavel, M. Shalom, M. Antonietti, and T.T. Fellinger, A general salt-templating method to fabricate vertically aligned graphitic carbon nanosheets and their metal carbide hybrids for superior lithium ion batteries and water splitting, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2015, 137(16), 5480-5485.
2. J.X. Zhu, W.P. Sun, D. Yang, Y. Zhang, H. H. Hoon, H. Zhang, Q.Y. Yan, Multifunctional architectures composed of PANI nanoneedle arrays on MoS2 thin nanosheets for high-energy supercapacitors, Small, 2015, 11(33), 4123-4129.
3. J.X. Zhu, D. Yang, Z.Y. Yin, Q.Y. Yan, H. Zhang, Graphene and Graphene-based Materials for Energy Storage Applications, Small, 2014, 10(17), 3480-3498.
4. J.X. Zhu, L.J. Cao, Y.S. Wu, Y.J. Gong, Z. Liu, H. E Hoster, Y.H. Zhang, S.T. Zhang, S.B. Yang, Q.Y. Yan, R. Vajtai, P. M Ajayan, Building 3D structures of vanadium pentoxide nanosheets and application as electrodes in supercapacitors, Nano Letters, 2013, 13(11), 5408-5413.
5. J.X. Zhu, Z.Y. Yin, D. Yang, T. Sun, H. Yu, H. E Hoster, H. H. Hng, H. Zhang, Q.Y. Yan, Hierarchical hollow spheres composed of ultrathin Fe2O3 nanosheets for lithium storage and photocatalytic water oxidation, Energy & Environmental Science, 2013, 6(3), 987-993.
6. J.X. Zhu, D. Yang, X.H. Rui, D.H. Sim, H. Yu, H. E Hoster, P. M Ajayan, Q.Y. Yan, Facile preparation of ordered porous graphene-metal oxide@C binder-free electrodes with high Li storage performance, Small, 2013, 9(20), 3390-3397.
7. J.X. Zhu, Z.Y. Yin, H. Li, H.T. Tan, C. L. Chow, H. Zhang, H. H. Hng, J. Ma, Q.Y. Yan, Bottom-Up Preparation of Porous Metal-Oxide Ultrathin Sheets with Adjustable Composition/Phases and Their Applications, Small, 2011, 7(24), 3458-3464.
8. J.X. Zhu, K. Sun, D.H. Sim, C. Xu, H. Zhang, H. H. Hng and Q.Y. Yan, Nanohybridization of ferrocene clusters and reduced graphene oxide with enhanced lithium storage capability, Chemical Communications, 2011, 47(37), 10383-10385.
9. J.X. Zhu, T. Sun, J.S. Chen, W.H. Shi, X.W. Lou, S. Mhaisalkar, H. H. Hng, F. Boey, J. Ma, Q.Y. Yan, Controlled synthesis of Sb nanostructures and their conversion to CoSb3 nanoparticle chains for Li-Ion battery electrodes, Chemistry of Materials, 2010, 22(18), 5333-5339.
10. J.X. Zhu, T.g Sun, H. H. Hng, J. Ma, F. Boey, X.W. Lou, H. Zhang, C. Xue, H.Y. Chen, Q.Y. Yan, Fabrication of core-shell structure of M@C (M = Se, Au, Ag2Se) and transformation to yolk-shell structure by electron beam irradiation or vacuum annealing, Chemistry of Materials, 2009, 21(16), 3848-3852.